Most of us probably don’t realize it, but there are still some very strange laws out there in the U.S. Although they are typically never enforced, these laws still exist on paper in several states:
1. Alaska: It is illegal to wake up a sleeping bear to take a picture.
2. Arizona: There is a possible 25 years in prison for cutting down a cactus.
3. Connecticut: A pickle is not considered a pickle unless it bounces.
4. Georgia: You can’t keep an ice cream cone in your back pocket on Sundays.
5. Kentucky: A person can’t dye ducklings, baby chicks, or bunnies.
6. Louisiana: There is a $500 fine for sending a pizza man to a friend’s house without them knowing.
7. Maine: It’s illegal for Christmas decorations to still be up after January 14th.
8. Michigan: A woman isn’t allowed to cut her own hair without her husband’s permission.
9. New York: It is against the law to throw a ball at someone’s head for fun.
10. North Dakota: Beer and pretzels cannot be served at the same time.
11. Ohio: It’s illegal to get a fish drunk.
12. Oklahoma: Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in groups of three or more on private property.
13. Tennessee: Students may not hold hands at school.
14. Virginia: It is illegal to tickle women.
15. Washington: All lollipops are technically banned.